Just like every year, at the start of a new year, we take a moment to reflect on the past year. In our annual overview of 2021 you will also find links to posts where we focus on “things behind the scenes” and “the highlights of our system administrators“.
But here and now in this post, we ‘celebrate’ the gems of code which the Kinamo team has created for many customers in 2021.
Just like in 2020, 2021 was again very exciting for Kinamo in terms of development.
Unfortunately, we can’t always communicate about the projects we do at Kinamo. Technically we have been working on very nice things, but due to confidentiality and NDAs we cannot always communicate about this. What we can already say is the following:
The past year, a lot of development time has gone into further development of existing projects / customers:
- For example, we have further expanded or renewed their platforms for the VAF, including a new edition of Re>Connext.
- The Bike-Design and Boker Tov webshops received a number of upgrades and updates in 2021.
- And a number of new features and optimizations were introduced on the sites of Octopus, Axis and Antwerp America Foundation, among others.
Of course we have also developed a lot of new stuff:
- We made a new website for Voka Antwerp Waasland. With the Chamber of Commerce and Industries Antwerp Waasland site, they want to put their services and the assets of our region in the spotlight for an international audience.
- Tom Sas, who is also the driving force behind Boker Tov and Karavaan catering (also websites developed by Kinamo), asked us in 2021 to create a website for his latest project: Laila Tov. This is a vibrant fine dining & dancing venue with a 360° rooftop in Antwerp.
- We also developed an online learning platform based on WordPress and Learndash for another client.
- Over the past few months we have created online experiences for Siemens Digital Industries. Visitors can virtually discover Simcenter Engineering facilities using 360° photos and guides.
The visitor can make a virtual visit via the platform and discover additional information in each room in the form of texts, images and videos.
Kinamo not only developed the platform for the application, but also took care of the shooting of 360° photos, 2D photos and videos for the application. Of course we also provide hosting for these projects.
- A virtual visit based on professional 360° photography is very captivating and impactful. But as an extension to this, we also provided a virtual reality version where visitors could visit our customer’s facilities with Oculus Quest 2 glasses or a Google Cardboard.
- And many other projects 😊
And many more existing things to come in 2022.
Find out more
Many interesting projects are already on the planning for 2022. We can’t wait to share those too with the world.
Before you go, we would like to invite you to read the rest of the hightlights for Kinamo in 2021. Take a look behind the scenes and discover a couple of highlights of the managed services projects from the past year.